Sunday, July 12, 2009

C drive not getting formated.?

When I tried to install XP as a fresh copy. I couldn’t able to format my C drive at the starting of the installation. So I installed XP in D drive and after that I forcibly deleted all the contents from C Drive. Now when I try to format C drive, nothing happens. I need to format my C drive coz there is a lot of virus in it. The C drive shows nothing in it but when I see the properties it takes 1.76GB as used space. Please any method or software’s to delete the C drive or format it. I'm ready to re-format my whole PC. Please any help.....

C drive not getting formated.?
create a boot disk with delpart.exe on it. You can download that tool from the internet, just google it. It will wipe anything on your computer.
Reply:I would start over brother, boot from a floppy with killdisk on it, you can get a free version to use:


http://www.download.com/Active-Kill-Disk...


. It will zero out your drive for you with a single pass of 1's and 0's. After which you can boot from the windows cd and reload windows. Make sure you zero the entire drive! Also repair your mbr by running fdisk /mbr from a commandline with a windows boot disk.

garden flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment